Friday, March 27, 2015

Easter Dessert Ideas

I have had Easter desserts on my mind for a few days now...

I am pretty sure I have it all narrowed down...  

Narrowed down??  

I have a habit of having far too many desserts on my menu.

And yes, I could do just one dessert...

...but what fun would that be??

I like to do at least two desserts...

and sometimes I do a few extra treats for the kids.

Variety is the spice of life... (Isn't that what they say??)

And how about: Life is short... Eat Dessert First!  ...a favorite adage of mine... ha.

For a fabulous finish to any holiday meal and especially Easter...
try any of these special occasion, holiday-worthy, delicious desserts...

Keep reading to get the recipes...


Little Bunny Carrot Cakes
This is my very favorite carrot cake recipe...but in cupcake form.
Carrot cake and the Easter bunny...it makes sense to me...

Click here for the recipe and post: Carrot Cake

I did this post in January
and I included all the details
about making this super-easy carrot cake
 and the recipe is there too!

 For cupcakes: Bake in 350 degree oven, on the middle rack
 in a muffin tin with cupcake liners for 20-24 minutes,
or until a tooth pick comes out cleanly with just a few crumbs.

Lemon Meringue Pie
Nothing says springtime like a lemon meringue pie.

 For this pie...I even did a step by step tutorial...
It's super helpful and shows all the steps...
There is even a link to my pie crust.... but you can certainly use store bought too.

Click here:Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe and Tutorial


Easter Cookie Cut-Outs:
These butter cookies are great...and the recipe is from
one of the best baking resources I know...

King Arthur Flour.

 Fabulous products... and I love that
most all of their recipes are reviewed by at-home baker's...

This is their recipe...it's really easy and really delicious!!

Click Here for: King Arthur Butter Cookie Recipe


Deluxe Marshmallow Treats
What makes these little sweet treats deluxe...
is the addition of pastel colored miniature marshmallows...
adding  whole miniature marshmallows just after the melted
marshmallows and butter have been incorporated...
Well, It gives them that little extra holiday flair!

Deluxe Marshmallow Treats:
4 TBS melted butter
1  10 ounce pkg of marshmallows
6 cups of crispy rice cereal
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 package of pastel miniature marshmallows.

In a large pan, melt butter and package of marshmallows.
Once melted, add the vanilla extract and stir.
Add the cereal
Mix well.
Once combined, mix in 1/2 bag of 
pastel miniature marshmallows...leaving them whole.
Press mixture into a greased 9 X 13 pan.  
Cut into squares once cooled.  
Store in an airtight container.




Sharing with these link parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment