Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hop To It...Easter Bunny Sack Races

I always like it best when Easter falls later...as in mid April...

I can remember some Easter celebrations as a kid,
 wearing my winter coat outside....
Brrr.... braving the frosty spring air to find Easter eggs hidden in the yard...

I can even remember an Easter Sunday
 when a passing snow cloud gave everything a quick covering of white...
....it all melted away in the springtime sun...
but it was a chilly morning.

The later Easter holidays are certainly my favorites... plus I have more time for planning and preparing.

This year....it happens to fall in the middle... so April 5th it is....
My planning would certainly go a little smoother if I stayed on task and didn't try to tackle any "big" projects... 


Over the weekend I had this super-big, 
really-fun idea for my front room floor... 
(That's how a lot of really great things begin...with big ideas...)

(This isn't going to be one of those...)  Big idea, yes...   

Goodbye old blue carpet...
( that I have never loved...and always wished would go away... for a decade...really a decade...)
and Hello to a stenciled sub floor... Right??

Let's just say...it was more than I had bargained for and now I have gotten in way over my head with a new and unexpected project...   (all the details are coming...I promise)

But, back to Easter...it is coming up so quickly... 
I'll save my home improvement fiasco until after the holiday!!  

These Easter Bunny sacks are the perfect activity for outside...
and perfect for burning off some of that holiday energy...

Easy to sew... just like sewing a pillow case...only with sturdy fabric...
I chose a cotton duck fabric...it was on sale... and sturdy.

I thought about using burlap...but I did not want the lint from the itchy burlap to get all over the kids Easter clothes... (Which...by the time they were hop, hop, hopping all over the yard they had changed out of their fancy Easter duds... so anyway...)


The kids had a ball... loads of smiles and lots of giggles.
...all the grown-ups had the best time watching our little one's hop all around the yard.

They raced back and forth... they are all quite good little hopper's!

So speaking of hopping... I need to hop to it and get my Easter on... 

 ...Stay tuned for posts this week on: 
Easter Finds
Easter Table Ideas
Easter Desserts... 

...and I promise to put down the crowbar...  

I'm staying out of the front room

   ...I'm hopping to it!!  ...I promise.

Sharing at these Parties:
Wow Us Wednesday
21 Rosemary Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment