Thursday, March 19, 2015

Easy Spring Flowers

Flowers are always a good idea...

And about this time every year I rush the season...
anxiously awaiting the warmer days and the first flowers of spring...

I can't help it.

I know we are getting close when the crocus in our yard bloom.
It's a sure sign that spring is literally...
just around the corner.
When we moved to our home...as with any move...
you find out things about your house as the seasons change...

You learn what the rain sounds like on the roof... 
 ....Or that the ticking sound in the wall 
when you use a lot of hot water ...is perfectly normal.

You learn about all the little nuances that make your house unique...
One of my favorite things...in particular about our home...
...is the front yard in the early spring.

One day you wake up...
And like magic...
 the front lawn is blanketed with purple and violet crocus.... 
It's so gorgeous and such a welcome sight.

Since living here for now ten years (gasp)... the crocus have multiplied...
Our family did too... 



Flowers are an indulgence I enjoy year-round...
whether from our garden...or the local grocery... or my favorite farmer's market...


(I have a farmer's market that I adore and I buy fresh wildflower bouquets every-week in the summer... every week... and I am so looking forward to sharing this farm...and the amazing flowers with you in a few weeks... late May or June....it depends on how quickly it warms up...)
The above photo includes a farmer's market bouquet...it was from a neighborhood S'more party we hosted... good times...and amazing flowers!!

Beautiful flowers simply make me happy.

They don't have to be formal...fancy or fussy...
...just pretty...and if they smell great...bonus.

For this arrangement, I used store-bought tulips...
Using a few antique blue glass medicine bottles... 
I put together a super quick table centerpiece.

I really like using vintage items when I can...
They make great conversation pieces and they are one-of-a-kind...

It's such fun to read the markings on the bottles... 
...and that they have survived all these years...

It's kind of remarkable.





No comments:

Post a Comment