Thursday, March 5, 2015

Baked Ruben Dip with Rye Shamrocks

There is no denying that some foods just "go" with certain times of the year... 

at least for me that is...

I think potato salad tastes best around the Fourth of July...

I love a BLT made with home grown tomatoes in late summer...

...and Pumpkin Pie is perfect anytime during October and November ...

...but most especially at Thanksgiving.


That is perhaps the reason why I just naturally associate 
corned beef with St. Patrick's day...

It just works.

That, and an icy cold beer... 

....it just goes with St. Patrick's Day...

...And while I am not a huge fan of the usual 
corned beef and cabbage that is traditionally served...

I am a HUGE fan of this baked cheesy goodness...




The baked Ruben dip is the perfect accompaniment 
to any St. Patrick's Day celebration...

If you love a Ruben, you will most certainly love this dip.

It's a fan favorite at parties.

Baked Ruben Dip:
1 cup sauerkraut -drained
1/2 pound shaved or chipped deli corned beef
  8-ounces cream cheese -softened
1 TBS spicy brown mustard
2 TBS ketchup
1 Cup shredded Swiss cheese, reserve a handful to sprinkle on top before baking.
1/2 cup sour cream

Mix well.
Put Ruben dip into a greased baking dish.  
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until hot and bubbly.

Serve with rye toasts, or rye bread.

I made my Ruben dish extra fancy for St. Patrick's Day...

Using a shamrock cookie cutter...
I cut out shamrock shaped rye bread and spinach tortillas.

I could not resist...
the green of the spinach and herb tortillas... 

they said...to me:
" I really do not go with this Ruben dish...but I'm green and I do look festive...buy me"

So,  I did buy them and I have to admit... 
 The spinach tortilla shamrocks do look super cute... 
I turned the rye bread shamrocks into little toasts...
by baking them in a 350 oven after spreading them with a little melted butter... 

While the Ruben dip was baking away..
I took a few minutes to cut out some green felt with the shamrock cookie cutter...
 I traced the shamrock shape and cut it out.
Just yesterday, after making my own banner, I found almost the exact thing at the Target One Spot... They have such really good ideas don't they??!


I've had a lot on my plate this week... and no,..it wasn't this Ruben Dip...

Besides the extra snow and a snow day for the kids...

I've been getting things ready for a Cub Scout event...

SO much to organize and to order and to make...

Hopefully, if I am not too frazzled to remember to bring my camera along...

You would think a blogger would always have her camera ready...
...and my friend, you would be surprised...

So with any luck, I'll be able to share some pictures form the event... 

 I'll keep you posted...

Until then... think spring!


Shared at these fun link parties:
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment