Wednesday, September 3, 2014

BOO PUMPKINS and HALLOWEEN MANTEL

It absolutely poured this weekend...it rained, and rained, and then it rained a little bit more... luckily I was safe and dry INSIDE our local fabric and craft store when it started raining.... Needless to say, I was more than happy to bide my time gathering all the necessary autumn crafting essentials any girl could ever dream of.

At the very top of my list was creating these fall pumpkins.  I saw a similar set of adorable pumpkins in a gift shop last fall...The pumpkins read "THANKS" --they were very cute and obviously for the Thanksgiving season. I knew right away I could imitate the darling set of pumpkins, while skipping the expensive price tag.  I made a mental note..."Next year, when the selection of cute little faux pumpkins are at their peak--get some!!"

I decided I wanted my pumpkins to do double duty-- So mine say "THANKS" on one side and then I used three to spell out "BOO" on the other side.  Basically they are double sided, but on a mantel you only see one side at a time.  The options for autumn message pumpkins are endless.  Here are a few alternative word choices I tossed around:  HALLOWEEN, SPOOKY, AUTUMN, OCTOBER, FALL,
THANKS, GIVING, GATHER, TOGETHER, FAMILY, LOVE, FAITH, HOME...

... Tis' the season of pumpkins...I can use these little beauties ALL autumn long!


STENCILING FAKE OUT

I could have painted the letters on with stencils, but I found a much easier option... stickers!!  These are lovely stickers, meant for wedding invitations or favors, they are really nice quality.  These gorgeous letters came in a set as pictured... only $5...and I have been thinking about how to use all my left over numbers and letters... The best part, NO painting, NO mess and NO dry time...


A HALLOWEEN MANTLE

Having the pumpkin craft all buttoned up, inspired me to get busy on the Halloween mantel.
 BOO pumpkins
 Spooky glittered spiders on glittered pumpkins.
 Cute spiders on wooden clips to gather the ribbon.

LINKED TO:

No comments:

Post a Comment