Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easy Easter Mantel



I'm busy decorating the house for Easter... and I put together a simple Easter mantel.
I used an OLD chippy window frame, I think it's been tucked away in our garage for easily 10 years.  I can't believe I'm just now getting around to utilizing it's amazing decorating potential... better late than never.  It was dirty, clearly 10 years of grime was on this thing of beauty...
I cleaned it a few times and gave it the once over with the wet dry vac, helping to remove all of the most disgusting debris... it was pretty bad... I'm no fan of spider eggs and there were plenty...it was super gross.
Yep... it had potential though...
Much better.

I set the chippy window frame on the mantle.
Using a preserved boxwood wreath in front... (layering is always good)

Adding a few assorted Easter decorations and we are pretty much done.  I think I may still add some sprigs of forsythia and a bird nest or two... if I do I'll update the post... for now, 
it's looking Spring-y!


No comments:

Post a Comment