Thursday, March 13, 2014

SO SIMPLE! SPINACH DIP

I love to snack...and if I could pick my all-time, most favorite thing to snack on, it would have to be "chips and dip"  I'm not too picky when it comes to what kind of chips and which kind of dip--I'm an equal opportunity snacker!  This is a dip that my kids happily eat--and yes, there is a vegetable in it!
This is a fantastic "good enough for company" dip that can easily be made with what I usually have on hand anyway. Spinach, mayo and garlic--So Simple!!  Sometimes simple ingredients really reap the best outcome--and in the case of this dip --that is more true than ever.  This dip goes especially well with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables...

It comes together in just minutes. Literally--just minutes.

INGREDIENTS:
Fresh baby spinach (enough to fill your food processor)  2-3 Cups,
1/2 cup real mayo
1 clove of garlic peeled
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a food processor, add spinach, garlic clove.  Chop well.  Add mayo.  Blend.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Serve.

* Substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayo for a more healthful option.
*Can be made ahead, the flavors get stronger...and it is still excellent.

ENJOY...maybe buy some gum...the garlic in this dip is delicious!!

LINKED TO:
Wow Us Wednesday at Southern Savvy Style

No comments:

Post a Comment