Monday, December 15, 2014

Santa Claus-Mopolitan: A signature holiday drink


Santa Claus is coming to town...
He knows if you've been bad or good... 


So be good for goodness sake... 


...and whip up a batch of these Santa Claus-Mopolitans...pronto...
for all your holiday guests!! 


 --Quickest way off the naughty list that I know!

Usually the arrival of Santa means the arrival of holiday parties...  hooray!!

With the rush of holiday hostessing duties... 

you can be sure thirsty party goers will be a 

big part of the holiday equation!!
One thing I have found to be a life saver...

is planning ahead a signature drink for a large crowd... 
Of course I offer a few other beverages,

including non-alcoholic options... but for me... 

having a pre-made, really delicious drink....

...with fun garnishes that 

guests can serve up themselves...everybody wins!!

...it takes a lot of stress off this jolly 'ol elf...
It's such fun to have a signature drink at parties...

and holiday parties are no exception.  

With a little prep work you can have enough holiday cheer for a crowd, 

complete with rimmed glasses.

Rimming the glasses can be done ahead,

 and actually are sturdier if made in advance.  

Even rimming clear plastic bar ware would be a great option for easy clean up.
When rimming the glasses 
I used a squeeze of lime juice and a little light (clear) 
corn syrup on the outside of the glass rim.  

Tip:  
If you get too much of the coconut garnish on the inside of the rim, 
the coconut will float into the cocktail...
not a disaster, but it's prettier left on the outside rim of the glass.
I used flaked sweetened coconut and white sanding sugar.

The coconut looks just like the white trim on Santa's red coat...

It's an easy touch, that adds so much to the look of this drink... 

then sit the glass upright to dry.

Here is the recipe for the 
Santa Claus-Mopolitan:

1 serving:
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1/2 cup white peach cranberry juice
1 ounce triple sec
1/2 ounce vodka
Shake with ice, pour into rimmed glass.
Garnish with fresh cranberries

For a crowd, easily serves 16 guests:
1 -64 ounce bottle cranberry juice (Ocean Spray)
1 -64 ounce bottle white cranberry-peach juice (Ocean Spray)
16 ounces triple sec
8 ounces vodka
Chill well for at least 3 hours before guests arrive.



Cheers!!!

Still in the holiday mood for 
more Santa-inspired fun??  
Visit 'Photos with Santa Christmas Tree' post...

Click here:
Photos with Santa themed Christmas Tree



 One of my favorite holiday decorations!!


Sharing this post with:

15 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious and is so pretty - can't wait to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this for our 'Holiday drink of choice'. Made for cute pictures with the 'fur trim'! Tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fabulous!! I'm so happy to hear it was a holiday hit! Thanks for writing to let me know!! Cheers! Karri

      Delete
  4. This Santa clause signature drink is really cute to have. Was looking for my party’s signature drink and really happy to know about this one. Want to have this cool drink for my party at Los Angeles event venues. This will look amazing and will be loved by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds perfect for my mid winter christmas dinner party - but here in NZ I cant find cranberry-peach juice - any alternative?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would use a mixture of cranberry juice and maybe apple juice... here in the states we also have Absolute Vodka that come in a peach flavor... I use that in a lot of sangrias and mixed drinks...that might be a nice addition too.

      Delete
  6. This was my signature cocktail last weekend for a "Ladies Christmas Craft and Cocktail Party"! It was a HUGE hit and have given out the recipe 9 times since then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! So happy to hear you loved it! Merry Christmas 🎄

      Delete
  7. Made this as my signature cocktail last weekend for a "Ladies Christmas Cocktail and Craft Party"!!!! It was a HUGE hit and have given the recipe out 9 times since then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is certainly a sweet compliment!! Thank you so much for writing!! I’m so happy to hear it was a hit!! Please feel free to share the recipe, the blog, and the Facebook page with all your friends!! Xo. Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  8. I’m serving this drink Friday night for girls’ night Xmas party. Just wondering.....should I up the alcohol? I noticed most Cosmo recipes are equal parts alcohol to mixer. This one is 1:5 ratio. Will I ruin the taste if I strengthen the pour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! How fun!! I made mine to suit my taste... however... you can certainly add more. I couldn’t do a 50/50... I’d be one and done... For fun, make one and then add more alcohol and see if you like it... You could always make shots available for guests to spike their own drinks to match their tastes... Cheers!! Wishing you a fab holiday party!!

      Delete
  9. This looks absolutely gorgeous! So beautiful!! Now I just need to find a way to make it keto friendly and I am all over this. Love the coconut shredding!

    ReplyDelete