Monday, December 8, 2014

2 MINUTE Chocolate Fudge

Oh, the hustle and bustle of the holiday season... Are you feeling it??  I am... ...And like Julie Andrews.... I simply remember my favorite things....

These are a few of my favorite things....

Anything that saves me time.

Chocolate. 

A beautiful gift, to give...and also to open...

This 2 minute chocolate fudge is all of my favorite things wrapped up in one.

You cannot mess this up.  It is just that easy.

I would give you a money-back guarantee on this...if I could.

  You can customize this fudge...add toasted nuts...add a different dried fruit.... make it darker or lighter depending on the coca you use...but at the end of the 2 minutes... you will have a gift-worthy, easy, chocolatey treat...for someone special.... 

I love that it's quick to make, the kids can help and almost without any help...
A perfect gift for foodies, a nice addition to a cookie tray.... it pairs well with a cup of coffee after dinner...
...Perfect as a last minute piano recital treat... This fudge is currently one of my favorite things.... because it takes 2 minutes to make... Not to mention it is delicious, and looks beautiful too... 
 Here is the easy recipe:
2 MINUTE CHOCOLATE FUDGE:
4 Cups confectioner's sugar
1/2  Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 Cup milk
1 TBS vanilla
1/2 Cup butter (1 stick)


First, line an 8x8 pan with waxed paper, set aside  This will help you to easily lift out the fudge at the end.
Mix the sugar, cocoa powder and salt together in a microwave safe bowl, blend with a fork.  
(I made two batches, one using Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder and one using regular chocolate cocoa powder...which explains why some fudge pieces are chocolate and some are dark chocolate in the photos...both are fabulous and very delicious)

Add the milk and the vanilla, stir as much as possible, until combined.  The mixture will be clumpy and sticky but not smooth yet.  

Add the stick of butter on top of the mixture.

Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

Stir the mixture together until it becomes shiny and smooth. (Some butter my still be visible after microwaving for 2 minutes...but should melt and combine with enough stirring.)

Add chopped dried fruit or chopped toasted nuts, if using.
(I used dried cherries and candied cherries ..the kind used for fruit cake
You could also use dried cranberries, dried blueberries... )

 Pour into the prepared pan.

Refrigerate for 1 hour, cut into small squares and serve.
Keep leftover fudge covered in the refrigerator.

Below is a handy-dandy photo tutorial on how I made the pictured Dark Chocolate Cherry Fudge:


Sharing at these blogs:
Thistlewood Farms

No comments:

Post a Comment