Monday, December 9, 2019

Whiskey Slush and Happy Birthday Grandma!

My Grandma would have been 94 years young on December 8th.  
She was born in 1925 and she was one of my very favorite people. 
 Grandma LOVED Christmas and she made it her mission to pick out
 just the right gift for everyone on her list. 

 I am sharing my grandma's holiday drink recipe for 
"Whiskey Slush" because I know she would be so
 tickled for you to have a copy too.  

We had whiskey slush drinks every year at Christmas...in fact, it 
wouldn't really be a Christmas celebration without one.

One of the the last Christmas gifts I received from my grandma 
was a handwritten recipe for her whiskey slush and 
all of the ingredients to make it. She sweetly measured
 everything out and placed it in a festive holiday bag...including a
 set of pretty holiday glasses,
in which to to serve my very own whiskey slush.
(I still have the gift bag and the 
measured ingredients... just as she left them for me...
along with my favorite part, her handwritten recipe...it's a treasure.)

Please enjoy this recipe...as many of you have 
written to me on Facebook 
regarding this recipe...your families
 have a very similar...if not the very same drink recipe 
at your gatherings!!  

Some add sprite or ginger ale to the drink and
 others serve cherries...and some simply have it plain... 
frosty and delicious!  

However you serve your whiskey slush... 
Let's raise a glass to the ones we
 love --and cheers to my grandma on  what would have been her 94th year...
and cheers to all the good grandmas that make the holidays
 so extra special.

  The recipes, the traditions, the lasting 
memories...that's what it is all about.


Cheers!!

Xo.

Karri

Grandma’s Whiskey Slush
9 cups water-boiling
4 tea bags
1 12 ounce can frozen lemonade
1 12 ounce can frozen orange juice
1 ½ cups sugar
2 cups whiskey (Jim Beam-says Grandma)

Make tea with the water and tea bags.  In a pitcher add the tea, and the rest of the listed ingredients.  Stir well.   Freeze for at least 2-3 hours (overnight is better), until ready to serve.  Scoop 1 or 2 ladles of the semi-frozen drink into a holiday glass and serve. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment